A hilarious video by The Onion taking a humorous approach to Apple’s philosophy:
While the report is completely fictitious, there are a number of valid points made (through exaggerating):
- Apple are always desperate to be “innovative” in anyway, to the point of over-looking what the consumer is actually looking for
- In many cases, the company looks to sell features as “must-haves”, and people learn to like it
- They make “revolutionary” announcements (like that of the iPhone), when the release is always months and months later
- The most important part of owning a Mac or an Apple product, is to proudly show it to everyone
- They are outrageously over-priced. Very few people can argue that what you pay for Apple products is completely nonsensical
Therefore, even though the video’s there to make you laugh, I think the Onion News Network makes valid arguments that is important for us, the consumers, to discuss and be aware of.